Paul G. Lewis is an associate in Feltmate Delibato Heagle LLP's litigation group located in Burlington. He maintains a general litigation practice, with particular emphasis on Ontario employment law, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, commercial matters and human rights issues.
Mr. Lewis obtained his Bachelor of Arts from McMaster University and his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Saskatchewan. Mr. Lewis was called to the Ontario Bar during 1996 and has been practicing from Feltmate Delibato Heagle LLP's Burlington office since 1997.
Mr. Lewis has extensive experience in cases considering issues of wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, franchise disputes, and the enforcement of non-solicitation and non-competition covenants. He has extensive experience before the Superior Court of Justice, as well as administrative and regulatory tribunals, including the Ontario Human Rights Commission. Mr. Lewis advises and litigates on behalf of individuals as well as numerous provincial, national, and multi-national corporations on matters relating to employment issues.
Mr. Lewis has a record of success before Ontario Courts and tribunals. Mr. Lewis has written and spoken about matters of substantive law including:
- Accommodating Disabilities in the Workplace.
- Employment Standards -Are You Prepared?
- Protecting Your Business from Departing Employees.
- Written Employment Agreements -Are they Necessary.
- June 2008 Legislative Changes Impacting the Ontario Human Rights Commission and the Processing of Human Rights Complaints in Ontario.
- The Elimination of Mandatory Retirement: It's Impact.